Few outdoor amenities compare with having a beautiful, relaxing saltwater pool. We’re truly blessed to enjoy swimming weather all year round in beautiful Sarasota, FL. However, saltwater pool owners must know a few things about basic upkeep so that you can protect such a luxurious investment.
Stand Out Pools is always available to help with the most serious problems, but we thought you might benefit from these helpful hints on saltwater pool maintenance.
How to Take Care of Your Saltwater Pool
- How much salt does the pool need?
- Believe it or not, swimming pools do not need to be incredibly salty to maintain sanitary conditions. The saltwater in your pool is about ⅓ as salty as human tears, and less than 10% salinity compared to the ocean.
- The pool should have a salt concentration of 3200 parts per million (ppm) with an acceptable range of about 2700 to 3400 ppm. That’s the equivalent of a teaspoon of salt per gallon; not at all super salty.
- Why is my pool so cloudy?
- This could mean your pool is low on salt, but you’ll want to check the pH and use that to guide any interventions. Pool pH should run anywhere between 7.2 and 7.8 usually.
- Cloudy pools usually result from filtration/circulation problems, which is more apt to result from a dirty or broken water filter. When in doubt, get in touch with Stand Out Pools for troubleshooting.
- What if I want to convert my chlorinated pool to saltwater?
- That’s no problem at all. If you’re in the mood for a fun project, you can follow these eight steps to convert your pool to saltwater.
There are other considerations when it comes to owning a pool (especially safety), but this covers the gist of basic saltwater pool maintenance.
Stand Out Pools – Advanced Cleaning & Repair Services
Those are great preventative care techniques you can do as a homeowner. There may be some other issues you’d want to call the pros to do though. That’s where Stand Out Pools enters the equation.
Contact us whenever you need:
Our repair services include both renovations and resurfacing. As a state-certified pool contractor, we can do just about any kind of cleaning or maintenance on any type of pool. This includes electrical and plumbing work. Never allow unlicensed companies to do work like that on your swimming pool.
Stand Out Pools serves the Sarasota area with the most reliable pool cleaning services in western Florida. Find out how you can get a free estimate on any cleaning or repair service for your pool. Also, you can speak to one of us any time by calling 941-201-1170.